I got a degree in Communications. I think I'm a reasonably good listener. But I am apparently not always as effective a communicator as I could wish! I'm at Sky Harbor Airport with my buddy Zach, headed for Belfast, Ireland. Been planning for months. Thought I mentioned it to my folks. Turns out I mentioned the possibility of going, never told 'em that I was. Sorry, Mom & Dad!
So: official notification to loved ones one and all: I'm headed to Ireland for a couple of weeks of much-needed vacation. A good friend from church is getting married in Belfast (or in Ballyclare, to be specific) on the 3rd, and then Zach and I are going to see as much as time and funds allow. If that Icelandic volcano decides to blow again, I just hope it does so after we get there.
Went to bed at 3 this morning. Not really awake enough to wax poetic or profound, I'm mostly just kicking off this journal of sorts in hopes that I will have time, opportunity, and inclination to continue it while I'm gone.
Sunday, May 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am trying very hard NOT to be jealous. I'm concentrating on visualizing the fun you'll have in the airports and then on the lengthy flight. I am NOT thinking about Ireland, the Blarney Stone, castles, pubs with live music and Guinness on tap - NOT thinking about...
Post a Comment