Sunday, June 06, 2010

Glasgow

Well, we are in Glasgow. Currently in McDonald's, which has free wi-fi. No Wi-Fi at the hotel. You want authentic? We got yer authentic. Zach and I are on the fourth floor... and there is no elevator. The transit is a spiral staircase in a tower of sorts... very cool-looking, but not exactly ideal for lugging a bunch of luggage. :)

Glasgow is beautiful. A little on the dirty side as far as the streets, some people seem quite content to be slobs... but the buildings are amazing. And amazingly old. I can't wait to get more pictures tomorrow.

I'm about out of battery, so this will have to do for now. The unfortunate noteworthy thing today is Zach lost his wallet. Hopefully it'll turn up on the tour bus tomorrow, but I guess we'll see. Fortunately he still has his passport.

More touring of Glasgow tomorrow, and heading to Edinburgh in the afternoon. Then it's time to figure out how to get to London most easily from there! I do prefer having a plan, but I guess this is a worthwhile experience too... flexibility and innovation. :)

More pictures coming later, but it's difficult to do much uploading with the connections here.

(P.S. added later: ZACH GOT HIS WALLET BACK! Apparently it fell out of his back pocket on the bus. We were the last tour of the day, and the driver found it and turned it in.)

No comments: