Saturday, March 01, 2008

Five days and counting!

Someone asked me about my Blog byline, “Next year, in Jerusalem!” Well, that is now “THIS year, in Jerusalem!” Thursday is coming up really quickly.

I have been struggling to decide exactly how I'm going to journal the trip. On one hand, writing is handy. On the other, typing is a lot faster, but I don't know the computer situation once we get there. We'll see. My hope is to journal here, and include some pics.

I have been asked what I'm expecting to experience. The answer is, I really don't know. I've been to Eastern Europe several times, but I've never been to the Middle East. So my plan is to go with an open mind, open heart, and wide open eyes. Walking where Jesus walked, seeing things He saw... it's hard to get my head around. But I know it's probably a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, so I want to soak up as much of it as I possibly can.

No comments: