Friday, March 07, 2008

Tel Aviv... we're here!

March 7, 2008 18:04 (Israel time)


(NOTE: Well, blogging may prove to be a little challenging; Internet access is not quite as accessible as I'd anticipated! As such, I am typing on my palmtop, and will transfer to the Net as I have opportunity. I will put the time I'm actually writing at the top of the post.)

Well, we are in Tel Aviv. I expected crazy tight security in the airport, and that will probably be the case leaving, but people were taking pictures right and left. We'd never get away with that in Romania.

Driving on a bus from the airport to our hotel in Jaffa - Turns out our tour guide is a believer! He says the Holy Land is called "The Fifth Gospel" - the first four you read, the fifth you experience.

His term for restrooms... "Coffee Out." :)

I have to say it is really something to see ancient biblical place names on traffic signs.

I knew dinners were going to be nice, but... wow. I felt a little out of place in jeans walking into that dining room. To quote a Broadway musical, "I think I'm gonna like it here."

Thanks for all the prayers. I look forward to writing more as opportunity permits.

No comments: